Re: viewing pics

Ralph Ivy (rivy@comp.uark.edu)
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 02:38:30 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 25 Feb 1995 rei@MIT.EDU wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't understand what you're doing, at least not
> from your description. 1024x768 is bigger than 800x600. It sounds
> like you're saying that somehow making it bigger is making it smaller.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll try and clarify. I create my pages full-
screen at 800x600 w/256 colors. By changing the screen - and screen only -
to 1024 x 768 - and keeping the graphics page at 800x600, it takes a pro-
portionately smaller size of the new screen.

And maybe that smaller portion - would fit into the viewable area of Mosaic
without scrolling. (or at least, scrolling to a minimum.)

I like the concept of "postage stamp" icons to click and bring up the full
image - it's just that I would like that image to be fully shown. AT ONCE.
Oh, well (ah, wail), I know there are tech problems I will have to live with;
just hoping this isn't one.

You might see what I mean about wanting to show the full page, yet retaining
text clarity by taking a look at a page from my "sketch/journal" now in
"Cyberkind".

http://sunsite.unc.edu/ckind

I have looked at several works on the Net, but until today have done so
by down-loading the image (I only have text browser from home), and so did
not realize exactly how images appeared using a full graphics viewer. So...
I will be checking many of many artists' works and see how they handle with
Mosaic or Netscape.

Thank you for your quick response.

I truly appreciate the help I have received during my brief time of learning
this stuff.

Ralph Ivy rivy@comp.uark.edu