End The Drug War This Year? Yes!!
The politicians are taking away our therapeutic drugs. They are taking away
our privacy. They are taking away our Bill of Rights. They are taking away
our neighbors, and they are charging us up to $50,000 a year to keep them
locked up. Don't wait until they come to take you away. Act Now!
A growing number of prominent Americans are declaring their opposition to
the futile and oppressive tactics of the War on Drugs, including:
At a special conference held at the Stanford University's Hoover Institute
in early 1993 these signatories produced, with others added later, a resolution
calling for an open and objective fact-finding commission, and for an early
end to the war against Americans, the prohibition of drugs. This resolution
has drawn significant support from Americans of differing political affiliations.
Over 2200 signatures have been obtained by early 1994. A number of "local
government officials" across the nation are expected to add their signatures
and support in the comming weeks. Congressman Don Edwards (D-CA) has introduced
HR3100 calling for this commission on inquiry.
- Dr. Milton Freidman - Nobel Laureate economist
- George Schultz - Former U.S. Secretary of State
- Kurt Schmoke - Mayor of Baltimore
- Frank Jordan - Mayor of San Francisco
- Susan Hammer - Mayor of San Jose, CA
- Elihu Harris - Mayor of Oakland, CA
- Senator Rebecca Morgan - California State Senate
- Senator Joseph Galiber - New York State Senate
- Senator Marian Bergeson - California State Senate
- Joseph McNamara - Former Police Chief of San Jose, CA
- Dr. Herbert Berger - Drug treatment authority
- Dr. Harvey Rose - Author of "The Intractable Pain Treatment Act"
- Dr. Fredrick Meyers - Herad of California State Research Advisory
Panel on Drugs
- Dr. Jack McCarthy, Dr. Gray Davis, Dr. Benson Roe, Dr. Stephen Fisher
and Dr. Clarke Smith - experts in drug treatment and prevention
- Judge James P. Gray - Superior Court, Orange County, CA
- Judge James Smith - Superior Court
- Judge Charles W. Froelich Jr. - San Diego, CA Appealate Court
- Judge William A. Newson - San Francisco, CA Appeallate Court
- Ronald R. Rose - Federal Magistrate
- Rev. Cecil Murray, Rev. Leonard Jackson, Rev. J.D. Moore - First A.M.E.
Church of Los Angeles
- Rev. Leonard Weaver - Bethel A.M.E. Church of Los Angeles
You can play a key part in this process. It will take very little of your
time. All you need do is to let your government officials know that this
resolution has strong popular support among the general public. To do this
each of US, ONCE EACH MONTH will send a copy of the "Resolution for
Peace" to President Clinton, your Congressperson and your two Senators.
When you participate and help to spread the word and the Resolution, be
sure to use "END THE DRUG WAR" stamps on the front and back of
the envelope. When politicians see mailbags full of envelopes with these
stamps, they will know the time has come for a change. These stamps will
energize the push for victory just as the "REPEAL STAMPS" from
the 1930's helped bring down Alcohol Prohibition. It is all up to you and
Sign the RESOLUTION FOR PEACE. Then make it
a "chain resolution" to your friends, relatives, and neighbors.
It will take all of them!! They will all need to send copies to Washington.
Keep sending copies each month "for the duration" of this war
on our children. SEND COPIES OF THE RESOLUTION:
Order your stamps today! Each day delayed means more lost lives, hopes and
resources. Start a "Chain Resolution For Peace" on your block,
in your home, at the office today. For sheets of 30 stamps, send $5, 3 sheets
for $10, T-shirts $18, Buttons and Stickers $2 each. Remit to:
- The White House, Wash D.C., 20500
- The Senate, Wash D.C., 20510
- The House of Representatives, Wash D.C., 20515
Save Our Liberties, 187 Acalanes Dr., #14, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-5520, (415)
BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION -- BEGIN TODAY!!