Re: Survey for the "Dictionnaire des arts mediatiques"

Alec Robertson (alecr@dmu.ac.uk)
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:21:49 -0700 ()

You might consider the term 4D Design or Four-dimensional design for your
dictionary as it involves the notion that performing arts knowledge and
methods, including those for dance, are an untapped source for designers
working with dynamic enabling technologies such as mechatronics and
multimedia, as well as people!!

The term '4D Design' has a use primarily in an industry and commercial
context rather than arts one, as 2D and 3D design. Nevertheless it
should be in your dictionary.

Alec Robertson
Faculty of Art & Design
De Montfort University, UK.

You can find further details at an archive www site address below:
www.dmu.ac.uk/dept/schools/des-man/4dd