Re: Why dance on the Web?

Richard Lord (richard@bigroom.co.uk)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 02:06:23 +0000

Niels

Internet via the browser is what the web is. Yes it has a relatively
narrow
bandwidth, but like I say - new restrictions and new possibilities. I
don't
do telepresence, because I've not yet had a good idea for a project using
telepresence - I make dance on the web.

If you want some ideas, take a look at my (rather old now) three web
dances
at http://www.bigroom.co.uk/edances/. They're not great - just three
sketches of ideas made when bandwidth was even less than now.

And look at the work of others - much of it linked from the DTZ web site.
For a wider reference, see http://www.theremediproject.com/ for some work
by other artists (not dance).

Richard

Richard Lord richard@bigroom.co.uk