Re: pantha

Darren Kelly (kelly@mail.desy.de)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:36:59 +0200

Jeff Miller wrote:
> Darren wrote:
> >My two pfennigs' worth on this interesting discussion. I think there
> >is a simple test:
> >
> >(1) Block your ears and watch the performance.
> >
> >(2) Close your eyes and listen to the performance.
> >
> >If the performance is not just technological blah blah both
> >of these should please.

> I don't know that I agree with this. I'm interested in the gestalt,
> and my work reflects it--the music, visuals, and movement are
> interdependent, not intended for exclusive viewing.

I didn't say exclusive, I said _BOTH_.

> If they are intended to be pleasing in their own right,

... at least ...

> then why not be a musician or a mime?

Musican _AND_ mime. I said "both" of these should please. It is very
unlikely that a whole greater than the parts will arise when the
parts are inadequate. I don't think our views differ Jeff.

> These are legitimate art forms that focus the attention. I'm not
> interested in separating elements;

I can't imagine anyone reading this list is !

Gruesse,

Darren

Darren Kelly, DESY -MPY-, Notkestr.85,22603 Hamburg, Germany
Work:+49-40-8998-4571 <-!! NEW NUMBER UNTIL 30th Sep 98 AT DESY !
Fax:+49-40-8998-4305
Home: +49(40) 8227 4024 until 28th Sep thereafter +49 (40) 20976409.