Re: Research on dance & tech

ISABEL VALVERDE (isaval@sfsu.edu)
Fri, 1 May 1998 12:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Doug,

First I think that late postmodernist art became mostly a formula to
produce work that want to be in conformity with its social context.
I don't think that the work with technology has to be at the expense of a
holistic discussion of this work within the culture, because the new
technologies are implicitly part of this culture.
Again, let's go over this outdated form/content opposition.
Being in San Francisco, we also get so much of this social morality within
dance and other art work that we ask: where is the aesthetic component?
Beijinhos,

Isabel