Re: max and director

jacques.hoepffner (jacques.hoepffner@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:11:37 +0100

Jeff wrote:
>I wish I could help more with this, but I'm eagerly awaiting the answer--I
>remember when Mark Coniglio did a residency here in Madison he showed us an
>Xtra for getting Director to take in and utilize MIDI, but that was for
>Director 4.0. I don't know if it will work with D6, but make sure you get the
>updated (6.1 or 6.02, I don't remember which) that will prevent some serious
>bugs. I'm sure Mark will be on here shortly with some more accurate info.
>
>While we're on the subject, today I began planning the tech aspect of a
>concert
>to be given by Jin-Wen Yu involving Big Eye. This is, I believe, a more
>simple
>version of what Jacques is doing, yet putting OMS and the latest demo of Big
>Eye on my Powerbook 1400 (with a G3 card hiding inside) seems to cause nothing
>but problems. I recall a year or so ago when playing around with OMS that it
>caused some problems with my system--should I be running minimal extensions
>while MIDIfying things, or are there bugs in Big Eye that I don't know about?
>
>Questions, questions, and more questions,
>
>Jeff

I thank you for your help but were can I download this Xtra ? I have the
plain 6 director, perhaps can I find an upgrade on the macromedia site.
Beside that I tried big eye (on demo version) and like for imagine, I had
many big problems with this software (freezing of graphic card, no entry
from miro etcŠ). Have you a better experience, because I hesitate to buy
the full version.
Triyng, crashing, restarting,

Jacques Hoepffner, photographe
31, rue de la Réunion 75020 Paris France
tél 33 (0)1 44 93 39 27 fax 33 (0)1 44 93 39 70
Email: jacques.hoepffner@wanadoo.fr