Re: Wither Moderation

Scott Sutherland (scott@herron.iupui.edu)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:42:55 -0500

Mark Coniglio <troika@panix.com> writes:
>I was wondering if any "official" determination about moderation has been
>made.
>
>I was made curious by Scott S's recent post that he was out of the country
>and not forwarding messages. Can you tell us, Scott, are we moderated or
>not?

Good question. Now that things have quieted down a bit and people have had
time to return from the holidays, I have a few things to propose. I've
worked out what I think is a pretty good solution to the question of
moderation. I need a little time to write it up in an organized manner,
but then I'll send out my suggestions for debate. You should see it in a
week or so.

Meanwhile, here's what I've been doing...
I have filtered many accidental postings and some spam, as well as stopping
a "mail bomb" sent to the list, but I have not stopped any mesages for
content. Technically, list is still set up as a moderated list, since it
must be for me to be able to filter out things like accidental postings --
about which I believe we are all in agreement.

Scott Sutherland
dance-tech moderator

| Scott A. Sutherland -- scott@herron.iupui.edu |
| Technology Manager, IUPUI Herron School of Art |
| Arts & Technology, Photography |
| Multimedia Systems Development: HTML, JavaScript, Director |