Re: ftp ing to art.net

jaxun (jariggen@wheel.ucdavis.edu)
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 08:01:28 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Diane Fenster wrote:

> i've been working on my images and html files for my studio and want to ftp them
> back to art.net so one of our great webmaestros can put them in their proper
> place/places.
>
> please give me the procedure. what level do i send them?
> do they go in incoming? or what?
>
> i'm still feeling my way thru all of this web maze.
>
> thanks
> diane

Hi Diane,

Are you working on a PC or Mac?

If you don't have what's called a SLIP connection to the Internet, you'll
need to download the images to the machine you call to send and recieve
images, and then move them from there using ftp.

Once you've got studiospace set up with Lile or the other webslingers,
they'll give you a user id and password so that you can connect remotely
from the machine where your e-mail account resides.

You can reply privately to this post, and I'll give you what help I can.
I'm a PC user, but know a bit about Macs.

jaXun