Re: posting at duchimp

Barry Smylie (barrysmylie@iname.com)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:00:00 -0500

yes exactly and especially artists
artists could always count on our old (original tool and face paint) charcoal
and
the best mediums do not require complicated viewing devices - like expensive
frames
but
the internet (through cheap consumer web tv and 2002 digital compliance when the
$300 external digital descrambler must be built into the set and all
transmissions must be primarily digital - although an analog carrier will be
allowed at broadcaster's decision) might be the most important and approachable
and mass age appropriate medium.... your computer might not be the consumer
machine - it might be a studio tool... the tv itself will probably be the way
that the average person views your work

but that still leaves the walls barren and lifeless

i like to use my hands in ways other than this limited typing and mouse handling
- there is pleasure of the body in the old time materials

http://members.tripod.com/duchimp

the infinite monkeys actively seek your critical and academic "papers" please