- Art.Net (Art on the Net) is a virtual space where artists join together in sharing their art with others on the Internet. It is also a space where visual and conceptual ideas and experiments are freely exchanged. Some think of the site as a gallery, meeting place, or studio.
- Our main goal here is to provide artists with space where they can show their works on the World Wide Web (web). To accomplish this, we try to help the artists in getting on the Internet so that they can receive email and curate and maintain their spaces for themselves.
- Art.Net (Art on the Net) is a place for living artists. New memberships are only extended to living artists, so these artists can curate and maintain their spaces. Once artists are a part of our site, they will remain a part of our site even after they pass on (unless they specifically request to be removed upon death). Upon death, membership dues will no longer be requested for the deceased artist and their space will be kept available and intact on Art.Net as an archive of their life's work.
- Our site is a non-commercial site and we request that artists not post prices or create commercial-like spaces here. We ask artists to not have things in their spaces such as order forms for art or commercial banners. Instead we hope artists will treat their spaces as if they were actual studios and gallery rooms.
If an artist, after joining our site, creates a commercial setting in their studio or gallery room space, we will ask them to change their space or leave. Normally this happens right after an artist joins our site as they have misunderstood the type of site we are when they joined. We normally also refund the artists membership if such a situation arises.
- Art.Net (Art on the Net) does not censor the content that artists show in their spaces. Each artist is free to display their work as long as it is done in a non-commercial way.
- Artists are encouraged to provide contact information for themselves in their spaces so that people interested in their work can contact them directly. Artists are also encouraged to use their art.net email address to show that they are part of our artist community (ie. firstname.lastname@example.org). By using this address, artists can always have the same email address even if they change Internet Service Providers (ISP's) as we will always forward their email to wherever they currently are while they are members to our site.
- We also request that artists make a link on their entrance page of their space to the Art.Net (Art on the Net) site entrance. Artists can do so by using our site button or a button of their own creation or written link of their own choosing. This helps show viewers that they are part of our artist community.
- We welcome all types of artists here on Art.Net (Art on the Net) though we do tend to lean towards the fine arts end of the spectrum. We are always open to suggestions of new types of art and artists to be housed here.
- Artists on our site help support our site's existance by paying an annual membership of $60.00. We also request that they donate one piece of their art for the entire time that they are a part of our site. This art will be auctioned off on the Internet here on Art.Net (Art on the Net) to help support our site.
- Art.Net (Art on the Net) is a community of artists supporting one another in learning how to use this new medium called the web. Our site hosts email lists that artists use to discuss art related issues. Some of these lists are private and are just for artists on our site. Others are open to people outside of our site and all are welcomed to participate in our discussions there.
- Here at Art.Net (Art on the Net), we also support other artists who are not part of our site by providing links to their spaces. We support organizations and art related events in this manner as well. This is a free service we provide to the Internet and art community.
- Art.Net (Art on the Net) is an international site and our artist members are from all around the world. Any artist may apply for membership to our site though memberships are granted based on reviews of the art work submitted. We are open to all artists submissions.
How to Join Art.Net...