Re: max, midi and i-cube

Wayne Siegel (wsiegel@daimi.aau.dk)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:07:00 +0100

You might be interested in the DIEM Digital Dance Interface - a wireless

hardware interface designed especially for interactive dance. The system

measures the angles of various limbs on a dancer’s body and converts
this data
to standard MIDI controller values. The system was developed at DIEM,
Denmarks
national computer music center, as part of a research project. Upon
request
from numerous artists and institutions, the DIEM Digital Dance Interface
is
being made commercially available on a limited basis. Detailed product
information as well as prices will be on our web page in about a month.
I can
send you (or anyone else who is interested) more detailed information as
a pdf
file, if you like.

For more information about the development of the DIEM Digital Dance
system
see DIEM’s home page:

http://www.diem.dk

or the feature article in the Winter 1999 issue of the Computer Music
Journal:
“The Challenges of Interactive Dance - An Overview and Case Study”.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/Computer-Music-Journal/CMJ.html

The system can be seen in action at the Cunningham Dance Studio in New
York on
April 6th and 7th in connection with the Columbia University Interactive
Arts
Festival. I will also be doing a lecture at Columbia U. in connection
with
this festival:

http://www.music.columbia.edu/fest99/logo.html

For information about MAX see:

http://www.opcode.com/products/max/
http://www.music.mcgill.ca/max/
http://www.cycling74.com/

Best regards,

Wayne Siegel

DIEM
Musikhuset Aarhus
DK-8000 Aarhus C.
Denmark
Tel: +45 8931 8160
Fax: +45 8931 8166

http://www.diem.dk

The Danish Institute of Electroacoustic Music

Stephan Silver wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently researching 'dance and technology' at St. Martins
College in