The concept is to create and develop an interactive virtual dance space by forming a partnership between colleges to promote the globalisation and convergence of dance forms.
The objectives would be:-
1. To improve mutual understanding of dance in different locations, environments and cultures.
2. To increse the personal development of dance teachers through the exchange of expertise.
3. To improve student mobility (both real and virtual).
4. To improve student learning opportunities in different locations, environments and cultures.
5. To improve student opportunities to perform and work in different locations, environments and cultures.
These objectives would be achieved through:-
1. Exchange of information, teaching methods and materials through the creation and development of a partnership intranet.
2. A series of exchange visits where students from the different partner colleges visit other partner colleges to complete a period of study or work experience.
3. The sharing of resources between partnership colleges.
The awarding bodies stipulate that the project should last for 3 years in total. Funding of around 100,000 ecu ($100,000)will be awarded to successful projects.
One of the exciting aspects of this project is the improved use of modern technology through the setting up of a virtual dance space. This would mean that students could communicate with other students from other colleges, work on collaborative projects and to perform aspects of their work together, without actually being together physically.
I hope what you have read excites you and that you feel able and willing to join us in this ground-breaking venture.
If you would like more information on this project please contact me by e-mail :-
or by phone on +44 (0)131 332 2491
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Project Team Leader
School of Leisure Industries
Edinburgh's Telford College