Re: Lifeforms 3 vs. Poser 3 & Lifeforms 3 vs Lifeforms Studio 3.

Jeff Miller (jgmille2@students.wisc.edu)
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:33:55 -0500

I used Poser 2.0 to do some movement examples displaying forms in the commedia
d'elle arte. One of the advantages was the ability to render to QT movies.
The interface itself is useful, but sometimes a bit opaque, especially in
terms of animating, i.e. the timeline can get both confusing and irritating in
it's quirks and quibbles. I recently acquired Poser 3, and am running it
through it's paces now--so far, the only real improvement is in the appearance
area, which is probably less important to dance.

In my limited use of life-forms, I've found it wonderfully intuitive for
people with dance training, because you can grab the body directly and see
where it's going and where it's been on the timeline. There's also the
advantage of speedy rendering to see what you've done and make corrections.
However, as far as I know, unless you get a higher end 3d modeling program,
you are very limited in terms of appearance of output (note to list: please!
Prove me wrong!).

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm evaluating the products myself right now.
Let me know what you find out.